Fri, Jul 12|
Green Mountains Backpacking Adventure: Big Branch Wilderness (2)
Difficulty: Moderate/Challenging Elevation Gain: 3,748 ft Time Duration: 2 Days Group Size: 5
Time & Location
Jul 12, 2024, 9:00 AM – Jul 13, 2024, 2:00 PM
Baker Peak, Baker Peak, Mt Tabor, VT 05739, USA
About The Event
Hike along the historic Long Trail in Vermont's Green Mountains while you enjoy expansive views from summit overlooks, waterside views and dense forest. This 14.7 mile loop trip travels through an area that provides a home for turkeys, beaver and moose. About 80% is northern hardwoods while red spruce, fir and hemlocks fill out the rest allowing for a one of a kind Green Mountains experience. For a look at the elevation profile for this trip click here.
This trip is open to all though you will most likely find it suitable if you are:
- Beginner backpacker who wants to improve know-how
- Intermediate backpacker who wants to improve skills and modernize gear
- Advanced backpacker looking for a refresher or a new adventure
Other considerations to make:
- You should be willing and able to hike up to 7 miles per day over varying terrain with an increase in intensity at times
- You should be comfortable hiking all day wearing a 20+ lb pack
- You should be willing to hike off-trail to learn and practice your navigation skills
Group size is 5. RSVP is required. Registration closes on June 14, 2024. Waiver/Assumption of Risk documents are required before participation and can be signed electronically or in person the day of this trip. This event will be held rain or shine.
If you have any questions or you would like to register for this trip, please don't hesitate to contact: Mat, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost: $290 per person
- 5 Star backpacking guiding and instruction
- Group gear rental including headlamps, cookset, fuel, first-aid supplies, gear repair kit, bear bag, etc.
- National Forest permit and/or campsite permit (reservations)
- Breakfasts, dinners, water and 2 snacks
- Free product
- Demo gear rental for each hiker including shelter (tent, hammock system or tarp/bivy), stove, sleeping bag, sleeping pad and water treatment
What's Not Included:
- Park entry fee (if required)
- Personal gear and supplies
- Additional snacks and food
What To Expect:
Exact trip details (meeting location, time, etc) will be specified weeks or even months before your trip, and will be emailed to you. The itinerary below is simply meant to help you plan your travel and to better understand how the trip will flow.
- Meet at our entry point 9am
- Make introductions
- Distribute group food
- Distribute group gear
- Check personal gear, supplies & make final decisions
- Learn how to pack a backpack
- Begin hiking
- Learn & discuss navigation, water treatment, first aid, gear repair, foot care
- Arrive at camp, learn and discuss campsite selection, campsite setup, bear bag hanging, fire starting (if regulations allow)
- Meal, clean-up
- Personal time/lights out
- Breakfast, campsite breakdown
- Learn & discuss proper layering techniques
- Practice and discuss navigation skills
- Around noon +/-1 or 2 hours arrive back to entry point
- Sort through personal and group gear
Why Should You Join This Trip:
This is a one-of-a-kind experience that will primarily focus on an exciting adventure. This trip will still include fundamentals refresher opportunities throughout our time in the mountains and will also help you leave feeling confident, strong, creative, relaxed and ready for the next adventure. Many of us have limited opportunities to backpack in beautiful places. This weekend is focused on you and providing you with a creative and enhanced experience. You will be kept on your toes, but be under the guidance of a reputable, credible and accomplished professional guide who wants to make the wilderness accessible and enjoyable for you at a high level.
Learn hands-on skills that will make backpacking fun, not work. You’ll learn trip planning techniques to make the process less stressful and overwhelming. Enjoy your backpacking experiences more. Get experience-backed information that is tailored to you, your preferences, your experience and your budget. Try out gear, see things and learn about them before going out and buying it yourself. Avoid learning things the hard way and enjoy a safe, comfortable wild experience.
- Full payment is required to register. Trip cost includes a 15% non-refundable administrative fee. If you cancel more than 14 days prior to your trip's start date you will receive a full refund (less the 15% administrative fee).
- If you cancel within the preceding 14 days, do not show on the day of your trip, or reschedule within 48 hours, you forfeit your payment.
- If your program is cancelled due to inclement weather, we can reschedule for a better day, or we can offer a full refund. Please call to discuss weather concerns by noon 2 days prior to your trip if you wish to reschedule. If we experience bad weather locally, we will pro rate your trip on a 50% basis. Trips take place rain, shine or snow.
Please note: The guide always reserves the right to change or suggest alternate objectives based on trip conditions. Sometimes these conditions aren’t apparent until we arrive or are in the middle of the trip. If this occurs we may be forced to turn back. We are always looking to reward our guests with the best experiences. This is left to the judgement of the guide in all circumstances. If time on the trip permits, we may opt to go to another nearby location.
Gratuities are not included and are always greatly appreciated. The industry standard ranges from 15-20%.
Backpacking Long Trail$290.00